10:00 AM Update
Denver Health has received 17 patients. The patients are experiencing respiratory problems, such as difficulty breathing, and eye irritations.
We can confirm that these patients were exposed to chlorine gas as a result of a leak caused by a tornado that hit the downtown YMCA.
Tuesday, July 23, 2013
Denver Health received a call at 9:00 am today, July 23, 2013, about an incident involving at least 25 patients at the downtown YMCA. Patients were complaining of symptoms corresponding to chemical exposure.
Subsequently, Denver Health opened its decontamination tents and is in the process of decontaminating the incoming patients.
We will post more information here as it becomes available.
Tuesday, July 2, 2013
This blog has been established to help Denver Health communicate with our community during times of emergency or disaster. It is not currently active. In the event of an emergency, we will share content here.